Reply To: Jetfire HD Cooling System Rebuild?

Home Page Forums Discussion Topics – Ask the Experts Jetfire HD Cooling System Rebuild? Reply To: Jetfire HD Cooling System Rebuild?

62cutlassconvert
Participant

Thank you for the response. All parts are original and matching. Waterpump cannot be rebuilt due to corrosion but we could use the big hub on it and have a pump built with it. Problem is we would like to put a new fan clutch on it and as far as I know originals are not available. The WP hub and pulley will not interface with a new fan clutch that is available due to the oversize dims, I do not know of fan clutches with the orig oversize hub dimensions which are too large for a standard fan clutch these days, as far as I know. This will be a long distance driver and we don’t want to run a minimum 40 year old fan clutch on it.

So, is there a new very short fan clutch with the “oversize pattern” that anyone has sourced? The Hayden 27656 won’s fit. Has anyone reliably rebuilt the original fan clutch and put significant miles on it, like 3-5K? Long distance driving without an available parts source if something happens makes me nervous.

Welcome all comments.

Recent Articles

Turbo System Safety Checks

Turbo System Safety Checks

The safety components of the factory designed turbo system have some interactive groups of safety "c...(read article)

Engine Front Drive Pulleys

Engine Front Drive Pulleys

The standard drive pulley has one groove. It drives the water pump/fan and alternator or generator. ...(read article)

1961-1963 F85 Car and Option Prices

1961-1963 F85 Car and Option Prices

Attached to this article is PDF file containing an extensive list of car and option pricing for 1961...(read article)

OldsJetfire Forum