Reply To: Picked up a 4 speed jetfire

Home Page Forums Discussion Topics – Ask the Experts Picked up a 4 speed jetfire Reply To: Picked up a 4 speed jetfire

jensenracing77
Participant

I just drained the gas out of it. SO NASTY!!!! I went out to the river bottoms to drain it into a couple buckets so it would not smell our property up. Last time I had it this bad I spilled some and it stunk for a month. Surprisingly this stuff still burned. Not well but did burn. I lit both buckets and burned it all off so it would not stink so bad. I did spill a little on the trailer so I hope that don’t stink for to long.

I ran a video scope down the gas tank filler neck and it looks very clean inside. I can’t see everywhere in the tank this way but the areas I can see are very nice. I hope to flush out the antifreeze next. I pulled the water pump off to be able to get it flushed out easier. I was going to send the pump in to be rebuilt but decided to wait. I want to get this running as good as i can before I start the process of sending stuff off to be rebuilt. I want to know what I am up against first.

Recent Articles

Turbo System Safety Checks

Turbo System Safety Checks

The safety components of the factory designed turbo system have some interactive groups of safety "c...(read article)

Engine Front Drive Pulleys

Engine Front Drive Pulleys

The standard drive pulley has one groove. It drives the water pump/fan and alternator or generator. ...(read article)

1961-1963 F85 Car and Option Prices

1961-1963 F85 Car and Option Prices

Attached to this article is PDF file containing an extensive list of car and option pricing for 1961...(read article)

OldsJetfire Forum