Reply To: Picked up a 4 speed jetfire

Home Page Forums Discussion Topics – Ask the Experts Picked up a 4 speed jetfire Reply To: Picked up a 4 speed jetfire

jensenracing77
Participant

I pulled the turbo system and intake manifold tonight. I will try to get all the bad antifreeze out of the heads and intake. I will also have to replace all the rubber hoses. I have 5 lifters that will not pump up and making lots of noise. I am planning to pull the lifters and rebuild them tomorrow and put them back in. I am only doing enough to this car to get it running as good as I can for what is there. I don’t plan on spending any more money on it than I have to at this time. I hope to get it to the point of “lot driving” and back in one piece. I don’t want this to be apart long term if i can help it.

On the back you can see the cobbled up mess for the coolant lines they did on the 62 cars. I am undecided if I will put it back together as a 62 or update it to the 63 style. I may leave it the 62 style till I rebuild the engine and turbo system at a later date (or later year)

You can also see the crystallized antifreeze in the head water port. I hope I can clean this all out good.

Recent Articles

Turbo System Safety Checks

Turbo System Safety Checks

The safety components of the factory designed turbo system have some interactive groups of safety "c...(read article)

Engine Front Drive Pulleys

Engine Front Drive Pulleys

The standard drive pulley has one groove. It drives the water pump/fan and alternator or generator. ...(read article)

1961-1963 F85 Car and Option Prices

1961-1963 F85 Car and Option Prices

Attached to this article is PDF file containing an extensive list of car and option pricing for 1961...(read article)

OldsJetfire Forum