Reply To: Picked up a 4 speed jetfire

Home Page Forums Discussion Topics – Ask the Experts Picked up a 4 speed jetfire Reply To: Picked up a 4 speed jetfire

jensenracing77
Participant

Started cleaning the intake manifold and found that the antifreeze has eat up the inside real bad. I believe I can still use it but when I have some extra cash I will try to find an extra for when I rebuild the engine. This intake has a 158 date code on it and I would like to find one close to that.

I was also looking at the turbo setup and found that no longer than i had it running it completely coked up the turbine impeller. Obviously the seal is bad. I had already suspected that it was bad because I had some oil in it after I primed the oil pump with a drill. I had hoped that after it was spinning and with oil pressure it would seal but no luck. I was not wanting to dig into the turbo till I rebuilt the engine but looks like that is also going to have to be done now. I have the setup Jim rebuilt that I took off the automatic car still. I will pull the turbo from that setup and install it on the 4 speed carb setup. I have enough stuff that I should be able to get this system working as it should, I just didn’t want to do it yet. I will not do a “restoration” on the turbo system, just a rebuild so that it matches the used look of the car.

Recent Articles

Turbo System Safety Checks

Turbo System Safety Checks

The safety components of the factory designed turbo system have some interactive groups of safety "c...(read article)

Engine Front Drive Pulleys

Engine Front Drive Pulleys

The standard drive pulley has one groove. It drives the water pump/fan and alternator or generator. ...(read article)

1961-1963 F85 Car and Option Prices

1961-1963 F85 Car and Option Prices

Attached to this article is PDF file containing an extensive list of car and option pricing for 1961...(read article)

OldsJetfire Forum