Reply To: Picked up a 4 speed jetfire

Home Page Forums Discussion Topics – Ask the Experts Picked up a 4 speed jetfire Reply To: Picked up a 4 speed jetfire

jensenracing77
Participant

I got the brakes finished Saturday and took it for two short slow drives. The tires are junk so I kept it at 30 MPH or less. I did get it to 35 one time but not long. Runs and drives good and not even a hint of overheating. Ran at 160 degrees the entire time but it was a cool day. The video is not worth watching but thought I would post it. It is hazy because the windshield is still dirty from storage since 1974. I will not clean it till after the MCACN show in Chicago next month.

A great surprise is that the turbo is not leaking oil any more. After the MCACN show I will clean it up and work on the fluid metering valve, update the depressurization valve, and change out the check and relief valve and see if this thing will boost.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v_pm84mKcJ4

Recent Articles

Turbo System Safety Checks

Turbo System Safety Checks

The safety components of the factory designed turbo system have some interactive groups of safety "c...(read article)

Engine Front Drive Pulleys

Engine Front Drive Pulleys

The standard drive pulley has one groove. It drives the water pump/fan and alternator or generator. ...(read article)

1961-1963 F85 Car and Option Prices

1961-1963 F85 Car and Option Prices

Attached to this article is PDF file containing an extensive list of car and option pricing for 1961...(read article)

OldsJetfire Forum