Roads were bad so I did not get to do any more testing on the issue of it dying on me. I did pull the speedometer cable out to re-run it. It was laying on the exhaust manifold and melted some of it. I got it fixed and was able to run it proper. Also adjusted the shifter linkage just a little.
Decided to test the fluid system. The cap works just like it should and the the rest of the check valves and relief valves work like they should. I knew Jim’s part was going to be fine but I was more testing the tank, cap and check and relief valve installations for leaks.
Still a long road ahead, this car need lots of attention to get it reliable and enjoyable.