Reply To: Our first 63 Jetfire

Home Page Forums Discussion Topics – Ask the Experts Our first 63 Jetfire Reply To: Our first 63 Jetfire

jensenracing77
Participant

Just am update,
I got the fluid tank fixed up real good now. Ended up bead blasting it inside and out. I could not get all of the inside done so I used some muriatic acid on it also. I used the Red Kote tank liner and now the tank is as good as new. Repainted it and added the decal. Also repainted the air cleaner gloss black while painting the fluid tank.

Ken hooked me up with a guy that had a Turbo Rocket Fluid bottle and bracket. I got the bracket repainted and still need to install it on the car.

Picked up some brake and clutch pedal pads and installed them. A guy by the name of S A Schroder is making them reproduction. They are not an exact reproduction but you can’t tell a difference when installed and work great.

Took it for a couple more drives and this thing runs and drives great now. Still need to ad the hood insulation and some little details but it is almost done. I don’t have the hood emblem back yet but I will get that installed as soon as I get it back.

I was going to keep this car for next summer but now I believe we are going to sell it when it is done. We want to get going on the 62 4 speed car and we can’t do that till I let this one go. We will at least get to take it to the World of wheels in February. That will be fun.

Attachments:

Recent Articles

Turbo System Safety Checks

Turbo System Safety Checks

The safety components of the factory designed turbo system have some interactive groups of safety "c...(read article)

Engine Front Drive Pulleys

Engine Front Drive Pulleys

The standard drive pulley has one groove. It drives the water pump/fan and alternator or generator. ...(read article)

1961-1963 F85 Car and Option Prices

1961-1963 F85 Car and Option Prices

Attached to this article is PDF file containing an extensive list of car and option pricing for 1961...(read article)

OldsJetfire Forum