Reply To: Restoration of our 62 4 speed Jetfire

Home Page Forums Discussion Topics – Ask the Experts Restoration of our 62 4 speed Jetfire Reply To: Restoration of our 62 4 speed Jetfire

jensenracing77
Participant

I am undecided on my front suspension anyway. They all take grease but you can tell that it only comes out in a spot or two and I am sure it is not getting everywhere it should. I am thinking about changing the front cross member and suspension anyway. The front suspension is pitted really bad in this car. Even thought it is still nice and tight with 44,000 miles, I have another complete front suspension that has little to no pitting and out of a 27,000 mile car. I am a nut when it comes to reusing the original parts when I can but I am likely going to change it all anyway with this better front end.

I just told my wife that I may just disassemble that other front end this summer and restore it and have it ready. I also have some pit free rear control arms from the same car that I could get ready. I have several things I can work on without taking the car apart. I may just do that this year.

I have another project that I can work on also. I have a Jetfire engine and turbo setup that is mostly junk. I am going to pull the internals out of most of it and detail it externally and build a real nice looking display engine. Even have a bad intake manifold for it. It will be made of mostly junk parts but still be useful for a display.

Recent Articles

Turbo System Safety Checks

Turbo System Safety Checks

The safety components of the factory designed turbo system have some interactive groups of safety "c...(read article)

Engine Front Drive Pulleys

Engine Front Drive Pulleys

The standard drive pulley has one groove. It drives the water pump/fan and alternator or generator. ...(read article)

1961-1963 F85 Car and Option Prices

1961-1963 F85 Car and Option Prices

Attached to this article is PDF file containing an extensive list of car and option pricing for 1961...(read article)

OldsJetfire Forum