Reply To: 62 hood grease pencil marking

Home Page Forums Discussion Topics – Ask the Experts 62 hood grease pencil marking Reply To: 62 hood grease pencil marking

jensenracing77
Participant

Radiator date codes

While finding the petcock and outlet difference above, I found the location of the radiator date codes. I figured they had a date code but never looked till now. The date code location is also different for 63 than what is on the 62 but not to far away from each other. It is located on the driver side tank and on the back (engine) side about half way down. The code runs from A to M with skipping the letter I. A would be January and B would be February and on to the end but skipping I. I looked at our 4 speed car and it was an F and the car was built in June so the date fits correct. It would obviously be possible to have a month earlier radiator in the car if the car was built early in the month.

These two radiators are date K and L.

Recent Articles

Turbo System Safety Checks

Turbo System Safety Checks

The safety components of the factory designed turbo system have some interactive groups of safety "c...(read article)

Engine Front Drive Pulleys

Engine Front Drive Pulleys

The standard drive pulley has one groove. It drives the water pump/fan and alternator or generator. ...(read article)

1961-1963 F85 Car and Option Prices

1961-1963 F85 Car and Option Prices

Attached to this article is PDF file containing an extensive list of car and option pricing for 1961...(read article)

OldsJetfire Forum