Reply To: Picked up a 4 speed jetfire

Home Page Forums Discussion Topics – Ask the Experts Picked up a 4 speed jetfire Reply To: Picked up a 4 speed jetfire

62oldsf85
Participant

There’s a pic of my car (at Rockville, MD) in the site 62 pics a few years back with the OEM 15’s I got from Bruce Sweeter that I run with Diamondback red lines. I run the aftermarket ones in the winter and spring usually – they handle a little better and I don’t have to worry about chips, leftover salt, whatever. I’ll put the 15’s on for the Naitonal in a few weeks. Completely understand as your cars should be kept all original. The original engine on mine was long gone by the time I got it, but the owner had a complete (but destroyed) Jetfire engine I made him throw in with the car that I rebuilt using the machine shop at the local CC. Which is where I probably screwed up the valve guide measurements that induced the recent overhaul. See attached pic of current engine bay. I’m pretty happy with it, though had some difficulty with the paint on the pipe leading from the manifold to the turbo. Spray paint just would not stick. Have had better luck with brushing it on. Though I think, looking at it now, the PCV needs to be black for a ’62. Is that correct? This one came with the engine and I believe it was red or I couldn’t tell. Can’t remember as it’s been a long time since I repainted it.

Attachments:

Recent Articles

Turbo System Safety Checks

Turbo System Safety Checks

The safety components of the factory designed turbo system have some interactive groups of safety "c...(read article)

Engine Front Drive Pulleys

Engine Front Drive Pulleys

The standard drive pulley has one groove. It drives the water pump/fan and alternator or generator. ...(read article)

1961-1963 F85 Car and Option Prices

1961-1963 F85 Car and Option Prices

Attached to this article is PDF file containing an extensive list of car and option pricing for 1961...(read article)

OldsJetfire Forum