Reply To: wheel/tire size

Home Page Forums Discussion Topics – Ask the Experts wheel/tire size Reply To: wheel/tire size

62cutlassconvert
Participant

I don’t know if it will fit but IMO it’s too big anyway. That’s over 27 inches. I am running a 205 65 15 which is about 25.5″, about the diameter of the original 15″ option. The 13″ rims ran even smaller tires. The side wall on a 205 75 is going to be very high and it will roll a lot resulting in poor handling. More like a small truck tire. Of course the large diam also effects your gearing. Check out a calculator on line and you will see how it changes your gearing. Your backspacing is okay I think but might be moving the wheel in a little too much. Lots of info on tires and wheels in the forum. Use the search all the way at the bottom of the page to do some searches.

Recent Articles

Turbo System Safety Checks

Turbo System Safety Checks

The safety components of the factory designed turbo system have some interactive groups of safety "c...(read article)

Engine Front Drive Pulleys

Engine Front Drive Pulleys

The standard drive pulley has one groove. It drives the water pump/fan and alternator or generator. ...(read article)

1961-1963 F85 Car and Option Prices

1961-1963 F85 Car and Option Prices

Attached to this article is PDF file containing an extensive list of car and option pricing for 1961...(read article)

OldsJetfire Forum