Reply To: Picked up a 4 speed jetfire

Home Page Forums Discussion Topics – Ask the Experts Picked up a 4 speed jetfire Reply To: Picked up a 4 speed jetfire

jensenracing77
Participant

With the restoration of this car on hold from my body guys shop burring down, I have adjusted some of the plans. I built this turbo setup to use temporarily on this car. I took it for a drive tonight and it works very well! I was also testing some thicker fluid metering diaphragms and as I suspected, those will not work. Just not flexible enough and I will have to swap them out. They were free to test and if I could get them to work they were going to be less than $1 each. I figured it was worth the attempt to see…

Now, for the original turbo setup. I am going to get it apart soon and get all the parts recolored. I want to restore the original system and install it back on the car before I pull the car apart. I want to dial in the original system to run as perfect as possible before blowing the car apart so that I am not leaning over newly refinished fenders and painted parts to get it adjusted perfect. After the car is done I want minimal bugs so testing and retesting every component is very important to me. When I done the 70 W-30 this is how I done it and that car had no bugs at all.

During the restoration, I will likely even start the rebuilt engine with the turbo setup on it before installing it in the car. I do this to check for any leaks and any last minute tuning. When the car is done, I want to fire it up and go for a drive, not work on bugs.

This is an original red turbo and the color if off a little from the painted parts. I should have went with a little darker red. It also looks funny on a used looking car.

Attachments:

Recent Articles

Turbo System Safety Checks

Turbo System Safety Checks

The safety components of the factory designed turbo system have some interactive groups of safety "c...(read article)

Engine Front Drive Pulleys

Engine Front Drive Pulleys

The standard drive pulley has one groove. It drives the water pump/fan and alternator or generator. ...(read article)

1961-1963 F85 Car and Option Prices

1961-1963 F85 Car and Option Prices

Attached to this article is PDF file containing an extensive list of car and option pricing for 1961...(read article)

OldsJetfire Forum