Reply To: Restoration of our 62 4 speed Jetfire

Home Page Forums Discussion Topics – Ask the Experts Restoration of our 62 4 speed Jetfire Reply To: Restoration of our 62 4 speed Jetfire

jensenracing77
Participant

[quote quote=14921]Eric, how did you get the glass out without cutting the gasket? Steel Rubber has the gaskets but I don’t know how good they are. Does the window trim come out with the window and gasket? Or did you remove the trim first? I would guess Ebay is the best source for the clips but you have to know what other GM car would use them to help widen the search.[/quote]

The trim has to come off first. I tried to get the trim off without hurting the clips but most of my clips had just enough rust on them to make the brake. I did bend a couple good ones though.
For the glass. They are bonded into the frame even though they are a rubber gasket. I just got under the gasket with a 90 degree pick and pulled it though the gooey sealer they used. After that and with the interior trim off around the back glass I just had to push it out while running my pick around the rubber on the inside. It come right out. I already have a new gasket but I am going to reuse the original.

Recent Articles

Turbo System Safety Checks

Turbo System Safety Checks

The safety components of the factory designed turbo system have some interactive groups of safety "c...(read article)

Engine Front Drive Pulleys

Engine Front Drive Pulleys

The standard drive pulley has one groove. It drives the water pump/fan and alternator or generator. ...(read article)

1961-1963 F85 Car and Option Prices

1961-1963 F85 Car and Option Prices

Attached to this article is PDF file containing an extensive list of car and option pricing for 1961...(read article)

OldsJetfire Forum