Thanks guys. I went out this morning to my parts cars and give it another try. One of the parts cars had a bad one so I tried to take that one of first. I got much rougher with it and was able to figure out how to do it. I am use to the ones on the 70-72 cars and those are much more delicate. I took one good one of each side off from my parts cars and then went to the Jetfire and got them off also without hurting them.
The original fuel door was rusted in the seam like most are so I found a rust free one from Nevada. It had both screws broken off so I disassembled the hinge area and replaced that plate with the one from my car. These are difficult to completely coat inside the seams and inside all the hidden areas and I have seen some fuel door hinges on restored cars have rust on them. I decided to zinc phosphate these parts before I put it together. This way it will at least have some protection inside the seams and also coat the entire thing well. This phosphate make a great primer also. I also drilled the Jetfire trim holes in it, Just wish I remembered to do that before I phosphated it.
I have found that phosphating is very simple to do so I am not sending my parts off to have that done any more. I will still have to send my parts in that are zinc plated, I don’t want to get into that.