Reply To: Slapping,Flapping, New Convertible Top

Home Page Forums Discussion Topics – Ask the Experts Slapping,Flapping, New Convertible Top Reply To: Slapping,Flapping, New Convertible Top

classiccutlass
Participant

I have a ’63 & I don’t recall the slap/flap phenomenon. However, I drive it 95% of the time with the top down (of course!!). The top has been replaced, but it was on the car when I got it, & will need replacement in the next 1-2 years. I don’t have access to the car right now (in the shop for a few things I just don’t have time to do right now). Michigan weather is iffy right now so I’m not sure I’ll be able to check out how it is put together for awhile. I’ll keep you in mind when I do get it back. Sorry I can’t be of more help right now, but I didn’t want to leave you hanging out there.

Recent Articles

Turbo System Safety Checks

Turbo System Safety Checks

The safety components of the factory designed turbo system have some interactive groups of safety "c...(read article)

Engine Front Drive Pulleys

Engine Front Drive Pulleys

The standard drive pulley has one groove. It drives the water pump/fan and alternator or generator. ...(read article)

1961-1963 F85 Car and Option Prices

1961-1963 F85 Car and Option Prices

Attached to this article is PDF file containing an extensive list of car and option pricing for 1961...(read article)

OldsJetfire Forum