Reply To: Restoration of our 62 4 speed Jetfire

Home Page Forums Discussion Topics – Ask the Experts Restoration of our 62 4 speed Jetfire Reply To: Restoration of our 62 4 speed Jetfire

jensenracing77
Participant

Got my radiator and heater core back yesterday. I had them order the core without top and bottom rails so we could use the originals with the holes. I always have them do this but usually they have extra solder at the ends of the rails when I get them back. I told him this was going on a high end restoration so he decided to send the rails off to The core manufacturer and had them make the new core with my rails already on it. This prevented the extra solder build up at the ends. I am super happy about that! I also don’t have them painted by the radiator shop but this causes them to turn green really fast. It is really humid this morning but needed to get them painted. I decided to paint a really thin coat just to keep them from tarnishing really bad. It is so humid that the thin coat of black has turned a milky color. I will have to lightly sand the tanks and coat it again when it is dry out.

Recent Articles

Turbo System Safety Checks

Turbo System Safety Checks

The safety components of the factory designed turbo system have some interactive groups of safety "c...(read article)

Engine Front Drive Pulleys

Engine Front Drive Pulleys

The standard drive pulley has one groove. It drives the water pump/fan and alternator or generator. ...(read article)

1961-1963 F85 Car and Option Prices

1961-1963 F85 Car and Option Prices

Attached to this article is PDF file containing an extensive list of car and option pricing for 1961...(read article)

OldsJetfire Forum