Reply To: 1963 Original Jetfire 4 speed

Home Page Forums Discussion Topics – Ask the Experts 1963 Original Jetfire 4 speed Reply To: 1963 Original Jetfire 4 speed

oaklyss
Participant

With so few Jetfires built on the line compared to hundreds of thousands of other cars, I’m sure they had to refer to the manual when a rare Jetfire came down the line. However, they would not have had much time to refer to it.
Sandy, I noticed on your car you have a 62 washer fluid tank. Could be the were using up the 62 tanks or ran out of 63. Mine had the 63 tank. Also your horn was installed in the wrong location. At first I thought someone may have moved your horn, but what is interesting is my horn was installed in the same place! I thought the previous owner did it but now I think this may have been done by mistake on the line as both our cars were built at the same plant a week apart.
If you look at these instructions, it’s not clear where to mount it unless you read carefully. I have moved my horn to the correct position and you can see where I put cloth tape over the holes.

Recent Articles

Turbo System Safety Checks

Turbo System Safety Checks

The safety components of the factory designed turbo system have some interactive groups of safety "c...(read article)

Engine Front Drive Pulleys

Engine Front Drive Pulleys

The standard drive pulley has one groove. It drives the water pump/fan and alternator or generator. ...(read article)

1961-1963 F85 Car and Option Prices

1961-1963 F85 Car and Option Prices

Attached to this article is PDF file containing an extensive list of car and option pricing for 1961...(read article)

OldsJetfire Forum