Reply To: Original 1961 to 1963 Delco AC oil filter number?

Home Page Forums Discussion Topics – Ask the Experts Original 1961 to 1963 Delco AC oil filter number? Reply To: Original 1961 to 1963 Delco AC oil filter number?

macf85
Participant

I believe it is AC #PF-24. There was no Delco on it. I did my research over 10 years ago for my Cutlass and don’t know if the Cutlass used the same oil filter as the Jetfire. You can get a repro sticker on ebay:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/GM-AC-Delco-PF-24-Engine-Oil-Filter-Decal-Sticker-Buick-Chevy-Olds-Pontiac-NOS-/272096207997

I got a white painted filter from WIX. To get the markings off I used rubbing alcohol and some elbow grease which took the markings off without damaging the baked on white paint. Then put the decal on it. However, it does not look like either of the photos Eric posted. I’ve been using this on my car in the absence of any factory or magazine article photos from the period.

Recent Articles

Turbo System Safety Checks

Turbo System Safety Checks

The safety components of the factory designed turbo system have some interactive groups of safety "c...(read article)

Engine Front Drive Pulleys

Engine Front Drive Pulleys

The standard drive pulley has one groove. It drives the water pump/fan and alternator or generator. ...(read article)

1961-1963 F85 Car and Option Prices

1961-1963 F85 Car and Option Prices

Attached to this article is PDF file containing an extensive list of car and option pricing for 1961...(read article)

Recently Active Members

Profile picture of joe_padavano
Profile picture of johnsage
Profile picture of jensenracing77
Profile picture of oaklyss
Profile picture of 62cutlassconvert

OldsJetfire Forum