Reply To: Restoration of our 62 4 speed Jetfire

Home Page Forums Discussion Topics – Ask the Experts Restoration of our 62 4 speed Jetfire Reply To: Restoration of our 62 4 speed Jetfire

macf85
Participant

High quality paint and body work is not cheap. My car was completed in 2009 and my body guy was a good friend that said it was worth about $10K at the time. I got off for significantly less since he was a friend. With inflation your cost is probably not too bad. Alas, my friend passed away around 6 years ago from a rare kidney disease.

I can’t remember if I restitched the headliner with the bows in or not. It’s been more than 10 years ago and my memory is getting worse every day. I did take the bows out to remove rust from them and repaint. The headliner and bows had been sitting in the basement for a few years before I was able to restore it. You are moving much more quickly with your resto. I spread mine out over 17 years while trying to raise a family and get funding. I can’t wait to see yours finished. Will you be putting similar wide whitewall tires on it like the 1962 picture of it on the Facebook page?

Recent Articles

Turbo System Safety Checks

Turbo System Safety Checks

The safety components of the factory designed turbo system have some interactive groups of safety "c...(read article)

Engine Front Drive Pulleys

Engine Front Drive Pulleys

The standard drive pulley has one groove. It drives the water pump/fan and alternator or generator. ...(read article)

1961-1963 F85 Car and Option Prices

1961-1963 F85 Car and Option Prices

Attached to this article is PDF file containing an extensive list of car and option pricing for 1961...(read article)

OldsJetfire Forum