Reply To: vacuum line on exhaust manifold

Home Page Forums Discussion Topics – Ask the Experts vacuum line on exhaust manifold Reply To: vacuum line on exhaust manifold

jensenracing77
Participant

One side goes to the choke housing, I assume you are talking about picture two goes to the choke? The other line from the other side, all it is will be a filtered air supply and not hooked to a vacuum source. I am not sure if the 2 and 4 bbl had them hook to the air cleaner or if there is a port at the top of the carburetor for it. It the port for it is on the carburetor it would have to be on the side near the top. Has to be above the venture of the carburetor or it would have vacuum. I would have to look at the manual and see what it says but it should say where it hooks up at.

It is only filtered air supply to avoid sucking dirty air into the choke. The choke side will draw the filtered air through the manifold.

Recent Articles

Turbo System Safety Checks

Turbo System Safety Checks

The safety components of the factory designed turbo system have some interactive groups of safety "c...(read article)

Engine Front Drive Pulleys

Engine Front Drive Pulleys

The standard drive pulley has one groove. It drives the water pump/fan and alternator or generator. ...(read article)

1961-1963 F85 Car and Option Prices

1961-1963 F85 Car and Option Prices

Attached to this article is PDF file containing an extensive list of car and option pricing for 1961...(read article)

OldsJetfire Forum