Reply To: Sandy's 63 Jetfire 4 spd manual

Home Page Forums Discussion Topics – Ask the Experts Sandy's 63 Jetfire 4 spd manual Reply To: Sandy's 63 Jetfire 4 spd manual

graytoad
Participant

The blow out took the tail of the fender and rolled it up into the wheel well. Btw the car even came with a ‘California snow tire’ Judy told me they never had salt on the roads in the mountains back then, just in the city but they did get the occasional snowfall and when it did no one went out when it snowed.

Attachments:
  1. Our trip to California was great. We arrived late Saturday night and due to the fact that we were paying for the car with a certified check we could not finalize the deal until the bank opened Monday. We had a chance to see the car but not on a hoist as their shop was full of vehicles that needed to be rolled outside so that was put off until Monday morning: however we were impressed with what we saw. Mark also took us to visit with the daughter of the original owner, Judy who still lived in the family home and we had a chance to chat a bit about what she remembered about the car. She had never got her drivers license but had driven it on her ‘beginners permit’ way back when. Monday morning, when finally got to see the car we were amazed on how nice it was underneath even though it was far from clean underneath and covered in spider webs - we could see that it was a very rust free car and so it was mine! Our trip home was great however we had a tire blow out on our trailer on hwy 80 in western Wyoming, thank goodness we had a spare. We had planned to stop in Cheyenne that night so I googled tire shops, called ahead and made sure they had our size so we would have a back up should we have another blow out. They opened at 8 am so we were waiting for the doors to open and since the tire shop was beside Lowes I purchased some of their best spider spray as Mark had warned me about black widows. The underside of the car got a good spray down before we continued on. The rest of our trip was uneventful. Every where we stopped people wanted to know what it was. Oldsmobile’s are rare enough and of the dozens of people we chatted with at gas stations and hotels we only encountered one person who had heard of the Jetfire: but you all know ‘all about that’!ail end of the fender is folded un inside.

Recent Articles

Turbo System Safety Checks

Turbo System Safety Checks

The safety components of the factory designed turbo system have some interactive groups of safety "c...(read article)

Engine Front Drive Pulleys

Engine Front Drive Pulleys

The standard drive pulley has one groove. It drives the water pump/fan and alternator or generator. ...(read article)

1961-1963 F85 Car and Option Prices

1961-1963 F85 Car and Option Prices

Attached to this article is PDF file containing an extensive list of car and option pricing for 1961...(read article)

OldsJetfire Forum