Reply To: Restoration of our 62 4 speed Jetfire

Home Page Forums Discussion Topics – Ask the Experts Restoration of our 62 4 speed Jetfire Reply To: Restoration of our 62 4 speed Jetfire

jensenracing77
Participant

Spent most of the day cleaning up the garage getting ready to bring the body home. Decided to take a brake and disassemble the generator. This is not the original generator but it is a 62 Jetfire generator. I don’t know what the difference is but the Jetfire generator is specific to the Jetfire. This one does not have the correct pulley on it but I suspect the pulley is the only thing different. All other cars, you got a new generator without the pulley and the Jetfire is the only one that came WITH a pulley. I will post the pictures of the correct pulley later. My original generator is really bad and not rebuildable

Recent Articles

Turbo System Safety Checks

Turbo System Safety Checks

The safety components of the factory designed turbo system have some interactive groups of safety "c...(read article)

Engine Front Drive Pulleys

Engine Front Drive Pulleys

The standard drive pulley has one groove. It drives the water pump/fan and alternator or generator. ...(read article)

1961-1963 F85 Car and Option Prices

1961-1963 F85 Car and Option Prices

Attached to this article is PDF file containing an extensive list of car and option pricing for 1961...(read article)

OldsJetfire Forum