Reply To: Sandy's 63 Jetfire 4 spd manual

Home Page Forums Discussion Topics – Ask the Experts Sandy's 63 Jetfire 4 spd manual Reply To: Sandy's 63 Jetfire 4 spd manual

graytoad
Participant

Hey ’63’ owners. So I taken off my side emblems to clean everything up there was so much gunk around there. Anyhow lots of scrubbing, cleaning, polishing. Now that the goop and wax is all out of there, and upon closer look there appears to have been Red on the outside of that turbine. Does any of yours actually have red in them? What was left actually look like it was kind of translucent red on the Chrome. I have restored many exterior emblems on vehicles over the years and the colors are usually opaque/solid and this red truly seemed to be translucent/’candy’. I posted this inquiry on the face book jetfire page and immediately got an confirmation from another 63 owner that yes, his car had the same remnants of red and it too looked translucent red . Then an owner of some NOS turbine emblems spoke up saying there was NO red in his turbine fingers.

Can you all please check your turbine logos and let me know what yours are like?

Also, ANOTHER QUESTION: I’m assuming the trunks letters push into those pop in speed nut sort of things, and there’s no way for me to remove these safely so I’m just going to have to try to clean the paint around them?

Recent Articles

Turbo System Safety Checks

Turbo System Safety Checks

The safety components of the factory designed turbo system have some interactive groups of safety "c...(read article)

Engine Front Drive Pulleys

Engine Front Drive Pulleys

The standard drive pulley has one groove. It drives the water pump/fan and alternator or generator. ...(read article)

1961-1963 F85 Car and Option Prices

1961-1963 F85 Car and Option Prices

Attached to this article is PDF file containing an extensive list of car and option pricing for 1961...(read article)

OldsJetfire Forum