Reply To: Carpeting for a 1963 4 speed Jetfire

Home Page Forums Discussion Topics – Ask the Experts Carpeting for a 1963 4 speed Jetfire Reply To: Carpeting for a 1963 4 speed Jetfire

62cutlassconvert
Participant

Finally getting around to installing my carpet. Didn’t realize it until I took a look at a friends coupe but There’s a big difference to stock. I know those of you who have done carpet must know this and wonder if I have the right carpet and if so how did you handle it?

Stock In the coupe,pictures att, and another parts car convertible we have is a two piece carpet set with some finish trimmed edges with sewn “tape” where front piece overlaps and “trims” the rear piece. It has a full relief for the console, just tucking under the bottom edge and not going over the top at all. There is no full carpeting under the seat, seats bolt to the steel, not through the carpet.

The carpet ACC supplied is a big one piece of carpet that covers front and rear including under seats, over top of console area …

Pics are full set, rear, and the front rotated 180 out from the rear. The round relief being the steering column. Showing the big gap for the center console on auto floor console

Looks like the Trim Parts carpet set above is two piece?

So did they send the wrong carpet or is that what you have to deal with?

Recent Articles

Turbo System Safety Checks

Turbo System Safety Checks

The safety components of the factory designed turbo system have some interactive groups of safety "c...(read article)

Engine Front Drive Pulleys

Engine Front Drive Pulleys

The standard drive pulley has one groove. It drives the water pump/fan and alternator or generator. ...(read article)

1961-1963 F85 Car and Option Prices

1961-1963 F85 Car and Option Prices

Attached to this article is PDF file containing an extensive list of car and option pricing for 1961...(read article)

OldsJetfire Forum