Reply To: Carpeting for a 1963 4 speed Jetfire

Home Page Forums Discussion Topics – Ask the Experts Carpeting for a 1963 4 speed Jetfire Reply To: Carpeting for a 1963 4 speed Jetfire

62cutlassconvert
Participant

SMS and ACC supply 2 completely different carpet sets. SMS two piece cut and sewn, but not very similar to the orig jetfire carpet I show in a pror post., ACC is fully molded. Yep, darkest ACC red/maroon isnt right but close and looks good and mine is no show car. Don’t know how much SMS is as I have not been able to get hold of them, no answer to phne/gmail/email. Glad you got through and hope they have a good color. If you wish to save money and go with ACC get your ACC carpet through a reseller, 1/2 price, same service.

Turns out the coupe molded carpet won’t fit the convert, different floor pan. Stock Interiors worked with ACC tech and gave me a full credit and told me to keep the carpet. Having my upholstery guy fit it, he says no problem It will look good but will cost about $100.

Trying my 62 coupe 1 pc ACC carpet prior to modification in a 62 jetfire this weekend to see how it fits.

Recent Articles

Turbo System Safety Checks

Turbo System Safety Checks

The safety components of the factory designed turbo system have some interactive groups of safety "c...(read article)

Engine Front Drive Pulleys

Engine Front Drive Pulleys

The standard drive pulley has one groove. It drives the water pump/fan and alternator or generator. ...(read article)

1961-1963 F85 Car and Option Prices

1961-1963 F85 Car and Option Prices

Attached to this article is PDF file containing an extensive list of car and option pricing for 1961...(read article)

OldsJetfire Forum