Reply To: Who needs the RED button for the TRF tank cap?

Home Page Forums Discussion Topics – Ask the Experts Who needs the RED button for the TRF tank cap? Reply To: Who needs the RED button for the TRF tank cap?

graytoad
Participant

Update: I saw the prototype, very nice but they are working on getting the color closer. The guy happens to be an Olds guy (1940 Olds hot rod coupe) and a member of the Oldsmobile Club of Ontario (as I am) so he is giving me a better deal then originally quoted! However due to that combined with the small quantity I am going to have made I am guessing my order keeps getting stuck on the ‘back burner’ when better paying jobs get in the way! Actually Back Burner is a good analogy: they actually ‘boil dye’ the color into the stuff they are making the out of and the color ‘is in there’, not just on the surface. Boiling the color in sounded kind of ‘Mickey Mouse’ to me, but this company took me on a tour of all their machines and scanners and explained why the different machines are used for different jobs. The one they are using for this job is one of their most recent purchases and largest machines. I will let you all know when they are done….

Oaklyss, if that is the one you made then that is darn nice! What did you make it out of?

Recent Articles

Turbo System Safety Checks

Turbo System Safety Checks

The safety components of the factory designed turbo system have some interactive groups of safety "c...(read article)

Engine Front Drive Pulleys

Engine Front Drive Pulleys

The standard drive pulley has one groove. It drives the water pump/fan and alternator or generator. ...(read article)

1961-1963 F85 Car and Option Prices

1961-1963 F85 Car and Option Prices

Attached to this article is PDF file containing an extensive list of car and option pricing for 1961...(read article)

OldsJetfire Forum