We have had a super productive 2 weeks. Yesterday we got the turbo on. No one told us that bolting on the turbo/getting at some of those bolts would nearly cause a divorce as well as trying to figure out where everything connected to. The factory must have had some special tools or hired people based on how small their hands were. We survived but not without some serious cursing. Thank goodness for all the ‘tags’ Jim Noel added to help us sort this out!
Today we got all the other little things done that needed doing in order to fire up this baby! Everything installed, everything checked, fluids added, engine primed: ready to go! The big oval air cleaner ‘can’ is just sitting there as we need to be able to squirt gas into the carb. Once cleanly running, we will drop it into place to protect the engine from any inhaled junk as we need to run it for about a half hour to break the cam in properly.
Wish us good Karma: it is always a bit nerve wracking the first time you fire up a new/rebuilt engine!