Reply To: Sandy's 63 Jetfire 4 spd manual

Home Page Forums Discussion Topics – Ask the Experts Sandy's 63 Jetfire 4 spd manual Reply To: Sandy's 63 Jetfire 4 spd manual

graytoad
Participant

Wow, I am so behind in posting here! I apologize for that: I do want to have our progress on here to help others should they have any concerns. We finally started the Jetfire in November (2020). We were so fortunate to have our good friend Terry B who is a ‘mechanic by trade’ and a classic car guy join us for the occasion. So glad he did as he helped us with a few problems including a coil situation: and we learned ‘something new’ about coils today in the process. Jetfire’s have so many tubes and connections: so many places for leaks so it all seemed so daunting. Yes, we did have some troubles and leaks but thankfully none directly related to the Turbo’s connections. Everything sorted out, ran the car for about a half hour or so ‘breaking in’ the cam. We did not get the brake fluid filled and bled so a test drive will be another day. We did not have any muffler, just a 4-5 foot section of exhaust pipe connected to the header pipe and I was surprised how much sound the turbo supresses. I certainly do not need to purchase a ‘quiet’ muffler when we get to that job!

Recent Articles

Turbo System Safety Checks

Turbo System Safety Checks

The safety components of the factory designed turbo system have some interactive groups of safety "c...(read article)

Engine Front Drive Pulleys

Engine Front Drive Pulleys

The standard drive pulley has one groove. It drives the water pump/fan and alternator or generator. ...(read article)

1961-1963 F85 Car and Option Prices

1961-1963 F85 Car and Option Prices

Attached to this article is PDF file containing an extensive list of car and option pricing for 1961...(read article)

OldsJetfire Forum