as much as i hate to say it, i have another delay. this time only two days. over the weekend i put much of the engine together. on Monday i talked to D&D and they said i put the head gaskets on upside down. these have metal on one side and fiber on the other. i put the metal to the head side and he said it goes to the block side. the felpro gasket instructions said if it is not marked then it don’t matter and these were not marked. i had to pull the heads back off. now it will be Wednesday night before i have the new gaskets. i have everything ready so when i have the parts i think i will still have it mostly done by Sunday. i won’t likely start it till the following weekend.
my transmission guy wants me to bring the engine and transmission to him after i have it assembled but before i put it in the car. he wants to be the one to adjust the linkage on the TV rod. i am sure i could get it close but he said i payed for a rebuild and that is part of it.