Reply To: Re: Buick 215 and a turbo

Home Page Forums Discussion Topics – Ask the Experts Buick 215 and a turbo Reply To: Re: Buick 215 and a turbo

1962oldsguy

DSC02382_optHello,

The exhaust manifolds will interchange between Olds and Buick. The only difference is how they mount on the block. You will need a turbo intake to change over from the 4 brl which is stock on all Buick Specials and Skylark’s.

The turbo-engines are worth a LOT if you rebuild it right, keep it original, and do not put it in the wrong car. (Good in: Oldsmobile Jetfire from 61′-63′.. Bad in: MG’s, Rover’s, Buick’s, Pontiac’s, Oldsmobile F 85 and Cutlass Models.)

The turbo in the condition of needing to be rebuil is not worth much more then $750., but if it works and is complete (Bolt in and drive) could range from $1250-$1750. depending on condition of course.

I think it would be best to transfer the turbo onto an Oldsmobile 215 since the heads bolt on differently, same with the valve covers, and sometimes an F 85 will have a 2 brl carb and intake.

I do have a 1962 Oldsmobile F 85 215 in an unknown condition. Of course it will need to be changed over to a turbo intake, turbo exhaust manifolds and all the turbo related parts.

Just my opinion. But it is always your car, unless you wish to sell it. So build it for yourself!

-Dalton

541-678-0606

demammothman@live.com

Attachments:

Recent Articles

Turbo System Safety Checks

Turbo System Safety Checks

The safety components of the factory designed turbo system have some interactive groups of safety "c...(read article)

Engine Front Drive Pulleys

Engine Front Drive Pulleys

The standard drive pulley has one groove. It drives the water pump/fan and alternator or generator. ...(read article)

1961-1963 F85 Car and Option Prices

1961-1963 F85 Car and Option Prices

Attached to this article is PDF file containing an extensive list of car and option pricing for 1961...(read article)

OldsJetfire Forum