XTR Prototype
(courtesy of General Motors)

Member: JimNoel

Member: JimNoel
Custom 1962 Jetfire Wagon

Home Blog Blog 1962 F85 Front Suspension

1962 F85 Front Suspension

Home Page Forums Discussion Topics – Ask the Experts 1962 F85 Front Suspension

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  pkelly62 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Hello – I am a new member to this forum and excited about having a resource to help me with information on these cars. I bought a 62 F85 Cutlass convertible back in 2004. It’s in decent shape but does need work. One area in particular is the front suspension but I haven’t been able to find a good place for replacement parts. I would appreciate any help.

I have not done a front suspension rebuild yet on one of these cars but I am sure someone on here will be able to help. I will be doing my first one in the next year so I could use some of the same information. I did pick up some NOS ball joints from eBay a while back. I see aftermarket parts for the front suspension listed on eBay all the time but do not know if any of it is any good or fits correct. I know Kanter offers it but are pricey. Hopefully someone here has a better source.

Try Fusick Olds for some parts, Rare Parts has suspension parts-buy on a commercial account for good prices-web site is a little confusing so call and they can walk you around, Shocks 2 Springs has shocks and other stuff, various suppliers for new springs including Detroit Spring, you can re-line your shoes, check other threads for suppliers on those projects. Search field is at bottom of page. Kanter Bro has alot of parts but as said above, they are pricey and IMO the have an attitude.

Thank you both for your responses! I will look into your suggestions.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Recently Active

Profile picture of mikepoe59
Profile picture of jensenracing77
Profile picture of john-sage
Profile picture of 62 Cutlass Convert
Profile picture of Ken Dennison
Profile picture of Greg Oakley
Profile picture of Nicolas
Profile picture of macf85
Profile picture of joe_padavano
Profile picture of Clint
Profile picture of Jim Noel