1962 Jetfire 4 speed car value (can someone help value car)

Home Page Forums Discussion Topics – Ask the Experts 1962 Jetfire 4 speed car value (can someone help value car)

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    cdelahoyde
    Participant

Hello, I am new to the site and new to Oldsmobile. I have always had an interest in cars and pickups and own a few of each. I have found a 1962 Jetfire 4 speed all original still has turbo. Car is fairly clean and has little rust in the floor pan. Owner cannot tell me when the last time the car ran was. Looking through the registered cars on this site I noticed that it was on here already. I think the old owner may have passed away and now family is selling it. What I am looking for is some advice on how much the car is worth in said condition. I feel it is a restorable car just looking to get a base to start off of. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
    Chris

jensenracing77
    Participant

That is a loaded question without lots of pictures. Are you sure it is a factory 4 speed car? You have to consider it as not running and turbo system needing rebuilt and the fact that there are no floor pans available…. Also rust is always worse than it first looks. Without detailed pictures and more information it could be between $2000 and $12,000. What is the interior like?

jensenracing77
    Participant

You say it is registered here? What car is it? Have you seen the car in person yet? The reason I ask is that the 4 speeds are very rare and just be sure that it is not a scam where someone got pictures off the net and made a fake listing. This is happening a lot right now.

cdelahoyde
    Participant

It’s on page 2 of the 1962 registered car page. Halfway down or so. Going to look at it Saturday. The original owner died. Now his daughter and son in law are selling it. I have some interior pictures. It’s inside now since he got it. I’ll look at the body tag under the hood to see about the 4 speed. Everything I can tell is that it is an original 4 speed. Says he has another turbos set up for one too.

Attachments:
    jensenracing77
    Participant

Get lots of pictures. Also one of the cowl tag. Looks like a project. I assume the interior needs redone also? You will have to get it at a really good price because it is really easy to get upside down in one really quick. With it being a 4 speed, it will raise the price some even in that condition. Keep us posted and good luck! I would love to see another one brought back to driving status.

cdelahoyde
    Participant

Will do. If it’s all original in this condition what would you value it at? Here is one picture of the inside. Like I said I would like to just clean it up and drive it. Not looking to do full restoration.

Attachments:
    cdelahoyde
    Participant

Also were the mirrors out on the fender an option from olds or was that an owner add on?

JimNoel
    Participant

This is the Jetfire from Williston, ND, that surfaced in 2014. The mirrors on the fenders is a give away, they are aftermarket.

Attachments:
    cdelahoyde
    Participant

Correct. It’s now in Wyoming. Do you know anymore about the car?

jensenracing77
    Participant

I don’t know anything about the car but would really like a picture of the cowl tag. It is a rough car and you wouldn’t want to pay much for it. From those two pictures I would not give more than $2000 for it. Maybe $2500 because of getting the 4 speed parts but nothing more than that. Hard to say why it was parked but there is a really good chance the engine will need rebuilt and not something that would be up and running very easy.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Recent Articles

Turbo System Safety Checks

Turbo System Safety Checks

The safety components of the factory designed turbo system have some interactive groups of safety "c...(read article)

Engine Front Drive Pulleys

Engine Front Drive Pulleys

The standard drive pulley has one groove. It drives the water pump/fan and alternator or generator. ...(read article)

1961-1963 F85 Car and Option Prices

1961-1963 F85 Car and Option Prices

Attached to this article is PDF file containing an extensive list of car and option pricing for 1961...(read article)

OldsJetfire Forum