1962 Jetfire Field Find- Rescue or part it out?

Home Page Forums Discussion Topics – Ask the Experts 1962 Jetfire Field Find- Rescue or part it out?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    joe10
    Participant

You’ve heard of the “Barn find”, well here is a true “Field Find”. This 62 sat it an eastern Washington field since 1989, before I pulled it out about 3 weeks ago. The body is straight and complete. There is some rust in holes the floor board as well as one corner of the trunk, but the rest looks surprisingly solid. The Turbo has long been removed and replaced with the 4 barrel intake and GM Rochester 4 barrel (not sure if this was a dealer service or not?). The motor (code below) turns over, and I actually ran it (after oil bathing the pistons) for a few seconds. One of the cylinders has no compression unless oil is added, and I believe it is due to stuck rings, which may loosen up with more soaking and longer run time. I am not sure of the tranny condition, but it did pump fluid all over my garage floor during my short run as the radiator cooling lines were disconnected (nice planning on my part). I also have the original Turbo exhaust manifolds, extra heads, intake and various other parts. I am including several pictures below, but I honestly think I have almost every part to put this car back together. So hears the question: I bought this with the hope it might be easy to get back on the road, or worst case sell it off for someone’s rat rod project. Well, I think this is beyond the effort I am willing to put into it, but I don’t think it deserves to be rat rodded or parted out, due to its rarity. What do you think?
    Thanks
    Joe

note: I also have an extra set of original Jetfire side badges and double hood chrome that I will probably sell later on.

Engine Code: HI254308

Body Plate info
    05A Lansing Michigan
    Style: 62-3147 BodyLA 260
    Trim 971 Paint V-1 (Charriot Red)

Attachments:
    joe10
    Participant

one more picture.

Attachments:
    captiannapalm
    Participant

where in eastern WA… im just west of seattle

joe10
    Participant

We are located in Plain, just north of Leavenworth wa.
    Joe

ulrickaka
    Blocked

AL MUNAKH

Al Munakh Perfume is a new creation by Mahal al Musk. A distinctive fragrance with a top note lavender, citrus and spicy. Middle note is coriander and cinnamon. Base note is oakmoss, patchouli and vetiver. A man perfume recommended for office time wear.

BruceM
    Participant

Wow. That’s a restorable car. I wouldn’t part it out or rat-rod it. But that’s me. It looks like you have some parts for a ’61 F-85 too (grille, headlight bezels, steering wheel center).

62wag
    Participant

Do you still have this car?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Recent Articles

Turbo System Safety Checks

Turbo System Safety Checks

The safety components of the factory designed turbo system have some interactive groups of safety "c...(read article)

Engine Front Drive Pulleys

Engine Front Drive Pulleys

The standard drive pulley has one groove. It drives the water pump/fan and alternator or generator. ...(read article)

1961-1963 F85 Car and Option Prices

1961-1963 F85 Car and Option Prices

Attached to this article is PDF file containing an extensive list of car and option pricing for 1961...(read article)

OldsJetfire Forum