1962 manual steering "C" clip

Home Page Forums Discussion Topics – Ask the Experts 1962 manual steering "C" clip

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    62cutlassconvert
    Participant

Went to disconnect my steering from the front sub frame to begin the process of getting an engine in this project and noticed I am missing the C clip that holds the steering coupler together.

Does anyone have a source or crossover part application for what looks like a special clip?

Thanks

jensenracing77
    Participant

Is this the one you are looking for? It is from a 61 Buick Special with manual steering.

Attachments:
    jensenracing77
    Participant

If this is the right one then send me your address and I will mail it to you. I will be gone for a week so I may not be able to mail it out till then if you want it.

62cutlassconvert
    Participant

That looks like the picture in the service book. I’ll send you a PM. Thanks very much.

joe_padavano
    Participant

Just about every GM steering shaft has a similar u-joint that has the clip, rubber boot, etc. A trip to a wrecking yard should yield the parts you need.

Attachments:
    jensenracing77
    Participant

I thought the same thing Joe. Before I mailed it out I compared it to one I had from a 70 Cutlass and it was not the same.

62cutlassconvert
    Participant

Appreciate the part and can’t wait to buckle it up.

joe_padavano
    Participant

Interesting. Did you happen to snap a side-by-side photo?

62cutlassconvert
    Participant

Fits like it was made for it. Thanks very much.

jensenracing77
    Participant

I did not take a picture. I can get one when I get home from the Smoky’s.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Recent Articles

Turbo System Safety Checks

Turbo System Safety Checks

The safety components of the factory designed turbo system have some interactive groups of safety "c...(read article)

Engine Front Drive Pulleys

Engine Front Drive Pulleys

The standard drive pulley has one groove. It drives the water pump/fan and alternator or generator. ...(read article)

1961-1963 F85 Car and Option Prices

1961-1963 F85 Car and Option Prices

Attached to this article is PDF file containing an extensive list of car and option pricing for 1961...(read article)

OldsJetfire Forum