1963 Exterior Door Handles

Home Page Forums Discussion Topics – Ask the Experts 1963 Exterior Door Handles

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    macf85
    Participant

Does anyone know if the exterior doors handles on a 1963 interchange with any other GM car that are available as a new reproduction? Even if they have to be modified?

kid442
    Participant

Mac,
    I am working on the door windows on my 63 Jetfire. I was looking for door handles for the car. I had a few sets of 1967 Cutlass/442 handles around and they looked the same. Took a set and they are the same handle 1963 thru 1967. Just get a set of reproduced handles and bolt them on.
    Another thing! I was rebuilding the rear brakes on the Jetfire. I got a set of rear wheel cylinders off Ebay. Come to find out they are the same wheel cylinders as the 64 thru 72 Cutlass/442 rears.
    Good luck!
    Ken
    732-870-6964

macf85
    Participant

Thanks Ken. I had a feeling the later model ones would fit but I didn’t want to go out and purchase them in order to find out if they really did. Also, thanks for the tip on the wheel cylinders.

Don

1962oldsguy

Hello,
    I do believe Ken (kid442) is right about the interchange, one thing you might look out for is the 1961-1963 Oldsmobile F 85/Jetfire models have a small round circle for the push button. And various other full size Oldsmobile’s from 63 have the same style but a different oval shaped push button. If anybody is in need of any let me know I may have an extra pair or two.
    Thank-you
    -Dalton
    demammothman@live.com

macf85
    Participant

I bought a set of repro handles for 1964/1965 F-85 Cutlass from Fusick. They are the same as the 1963 but there is a very slight difference in the vertical angle where the handle meets the surface of the door. Other than that I had to grind about 1/16″ from the end of the push-button rod and then filed smooth. They bolted right up and look great. Fusick part number DH645.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Recent Articles

Turbo System Safety Checks

Turbo System Safety Checks

The safety components of the factory designed turbo system have some interactive groups of safety "c...(read article)

Engine Front Drive Pulleys

Engine Front Drive Pulleys

The standard drive pulley has one groove. It drives the water pump/fan and alternator or generator. ...(read article)

1961-1963 F85 Car and Option Prices

1961-1963 F85 Car and Option Prices

Attached to this article is PDF file containing an extensive list of car and option pricing for 1961...(read article)

OldsJetfire Forum