1963 Jetfire turbo

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    jetfire63
    Participant

:dry: I have the opportunity to purchase a non-running 63 Jetfire. What should I look for to figure out if the turbo is good or rebuildable?

JimNoel
    Participant

Hi,
    The turbo is always capable of being rebuilt. You just have to be sure all the parts are there. If not, you can get the missing parts from someone on this site or me. The basic body should be your biggest concern. The most expensive rebuilding costs generally come from rust repair. Good luck! Hope to see/hear about another turborocket heading back to the road…….
    Jim

jetfire63
    Participant

Well I did it. I bought the 63 Jetfire. The turbo looks to be complete, The rest of the car is mostly disassembled. There seems to be many extra parts for the body and interior, It was hard to tell because some parts are in the car, some are leaning against the building, some are in the back of the pickup sitting next to it, then there are some more in the old truck van body. Kind of like a treasure hunt when I go to pick it up after the snow melts.
    Jim I will have to get in touch with you after i get it all hauled home, I am only about 3 hours from you up I94. I think I remember talking to you at a Minnesota Olds Car Show back a few years ago.

Til later

alan

JimNoel
    Participant

Good for you! Glad to hear another Jetfire will be in the restoration process. Call me anytime. I will help where I can……

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Recent Articles

Turbo System Safety Checks

Turbo System Safety Checks

The safety components of the factory designed turbo system have some interactive groups of safety "c...(read article)

Engine Front Drive Pulleys

Engine Front Drive Pulleys

The standard drive pulley has one groove. It drives the water pump/fan and alternator or generator. ...(read article)

1961-1963 F85 Car and Option Prices

1961-1963 F85 Car and Option Prices

Attached to this article is PDF file containing an extensive list of car and option pricing for 1961...(read article)

OldsJetfire Forum