1963 Olds Jetfire Re-restoration

Home Page Forums Discussion Topics – Ask the Experts 1963 Olds Jetfire Re-restoration

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 64 total)
  • Author
    kid442
    Participant

These are a set of photos from 1985 just before I sold it!!!!
    Started Re-restoration after purchasing back in 2009

Found!? (2009)

The car was much worse than I thought. The garage roof had a 12″ hole over the windshield. All the die cast trim needs to be replaced. Interior better than expected. All Jetfire parts under the hood in place. Engine turned over by hand. No keys or brakes!!

1963 Jetfire

The windshield frame is installed & inner fender well repaired. I will keep you update on progress. Car starts and drives.

We put some paint on the windshield area. Will start working on the right inner fender in the next few days.

Ken

JETFIRE0096
    JETFIRE0094
    63windsheilbefore
    63jetfireframe1

Attachments:
    kid442
    Participant

Not made too much progress but still finding parts. WTony patched the floor and welded the 4-speed hump in. Dad and I converted the car from auto and bolted the hump in 1982. WTony also installed a new rocker panel. Still more to go but we are closer. Back to working on the W30. I also found a photo of my dad guiding the 215 with the 4 speed trans attached.

kid442
    Participant

Been working on the 69 W30 project this summer. Just a little late was going to put the 63 Jetfire in the garage when Sandy came along. We are way better off than some but this is a real bummer. Dent in the roof at the windshield. Not sure how bad but bent the frame. I will post more tonight.
    Ken

kid442
    Participant

We are about 1 mile from the beach. Still no power and it looks like another week. Damage does not look too bad but a bad location.
    Ken

macf85
    Participant

Ken, sorry to see that after the nice work you did on the bottom window frame. At least the whole roof didn’t get caved in. Hope your garage and its contents didn’t get too damaged and that you get power back soon!

kid442
    Participant

Mac,
    Thanks for the support. We got the power on late Saturday! Almost two weeks! We are far better off than some and thankful for that. We have Hagerty Classic Insurance and placed a claim with them. I will let everyone know how I make out. I also took a good look at the photo of the roof. It looks much worse than what I first thought. I hope it can be repaired.
    Be well,
    Ken

kid442
    Participant

OK! Sandy is gone!!!
    My Insurance Co totaled the car. I was able to keep the car by buying it back. I was happy with the settlement from Hagerty and they were very nice to work with! WTony had some time so the car is in the body shop. The roof is repaired and stripped, and primed. I have a few photos to post more to come.
    Ken

macf85
    Participant

Good to see the project is headed forward again. Do you have any kind of goal set for completing your Jetfire? Are you painting it Provincial White? From the picture it looks like the cowl is white with the roof in primer.

kid442
    Participant

Mac,
    No time table for now. I will paint it Provincial White again. The car should have a red interior but back in the 1980’s I had a complete nice blue interior so I will keep the inside blue. For now I am going to pull the motor/trans and clean and paint under the hood. I would like to get it running and driving this summer. I am working on the doors and glass now. Had to replace both door because of rust. We will see how it goes.
    Thanks for the post!!
    Ken

kid442
    Participant

Just got the car back from WTony. I will get more photos when I have time over the weekend. Now it is really starting to take shape. Will be working on the doors next.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 64 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Recent Articles

Turbo System Safety Checks

Turbo System Safety Checks

The safety components of the factory designed turbo system have some interactive groups of safety "c...(read article)

Engine Front Drive Pulleys

Engine Front Drive Pulleys

The standard drive pulley has one groove. It drives the water pump/fan and alternator or generator. ...(read article)

1961-1963 F85 Car and Option Prices

1961-1963 F85 Car and Option Prices

Attached to this article is PDF file containing an extensive list of car and option pricing for 1961...(read article)

OldsJetfire Forum