1963 Olds Jetfire Re-restoration

Home Page Forums Discussion Topics – Ask the Experts 1963 Olds Jetfire Re-restoration

Viewing 10 posts - 41 through 50 (of 64 total)
  • Author
    kid442
    Participant

Just installed all the exterior trim. Next weather strips and gaskets. Took it out for a couple mile drive. Checked out OK. Getting closer.

Attachments:
    kid442
    Participant

Quick video of the first test drive.
    https://youtu.be/aoiH2nsW_W4

kid442
    Participant

Just put 110 miles on the car in the last week. Runs great. Had the muffler shop install a Waldron’s exhaust system I purchased. Four hours later and a bunch of $$$ but came out great. Still have a few gaskets more and a bunch of other items but the list is getting shorter.

Attachments:
    macf85
    Participant

Lookin’ good Ken!

kid442
    Participant

Mac
    Thanks!
    Ken

kid442
    Participant

Quick update. Painted the wheels white. I think it’s a big improvement! New wheels and tires are for this winter. Not sure what we may do. Change to 5 lug or order custom wheels. For now drive the wheels off of it.

[blockquote]BBCode you used is not allowed.[/blockquote]

Attachments:
    kid442
    Participant

OK here is the latest update. Just installed a posi rear new shocks and 1/2″ lowering springs. The rear is from a 1961 Buick Special and there were a bunch of changes made the Job much harder than needed. A little farmer engineering and its in. Going to get the car to the Hershey AACA car show this Oct.

Attachments:
    wag-on
    Participant

Nice progress. Keep up the great work

kid442
    Participant

Thanks for the reply. I will attach a few photos

Attachments:
    JimNoel
    Participant

Hi Ken,
    I assume that you are posting pics with your recent posts. They only show as [blockquote]BBCode you used is not allowed.[/blockquote] for me? Can you post in some other way? I would like to see them.

Viewing 10 posts - 41 through 50 (of 64 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Recent Articles

Turbo System Safety Checks

Turbo System Safety Checks

The safety components of the factory designed turbo system have some interactive groups of safety "c...(read article)

Engine Front Drive Pulleys

Engine Front Drive Pulleys

The standard drive pulley has one groove. It drives the water pump/fan and alternator or generator. ...(read article)

1961-1963 F85 Car and Option Prices

1961-1963 F85 Car and Option Prices

Attached to this article is PDF file containing an extensive list of car and option pricing for 1961...(read article)

OldsJetfire Forum