1963 Original Jetfire 4 speed

Home Page Forums Discussion Topics – Ask the Experts 1963 Original Jetfire 4 speed

Viewing 10 posts - 11 through 20 (of 94 total)
  • Author
    oaklyss
    Participant

I don’t know if this is the original carpet, I never seen one like this. Really nice fit, and its cut and sewn on the tunnel. Its just dirty and would need the SEM dye, but can anyone say this is original?

[blockquote]BBCode you used is not allowed.[/blockquote]

Attachments:
    oaklyss
    Participant

Attachments:
    JimNoel
    Participant

Hi Greg,
    I can’t say for sure but I don’t think the original carpet sets for a ’62 Jetfire had any edge binding sewn around the edges. I have bought three ’62 Jetfire sets of “original” NOS carpets from Harry Samuel and they were all molded and do not have edge binding. Here are a couple of pics of ’62 Jetfire (automatic trans) NOS carpet sets from Harry. I have not looked at the ’63 NOS carpet sets myself but maybe someone else has? According to Harry, they were all molded and not cut and sew for the 61-63 F-85 cars. He is the GM NOS carpet “king”.
    Jim

Attachments:
    oaklyss
    Participant

Here are the latest photos of my Jet, I cleaned it up and put some 15″ wheels on for now to make it drive able. Rebuilt brakes, distributor, cooling system, etc. and it runs real good, turbo works also. The color is very rare and kind of a love it or hate it. But once I got used to it, its actually starting to look good. Is something wrong with me?

Attachments:
    oaklyss
    Participant

Engine photo. I cant seem to fix the side ways photos I just posted

Attachments:
    jensenracing77
    Participant

I wish I could find an original bottle cap like that one…. Great looking car.

oaklyss
    Participant

Finally getting around to rebuild the engine and turbo:

Attachments:
    oaklyss
    Participant

Turbo is on its way to Jim.

Attachments:
    jensenracing77
    Participant

Was it working at all before?

oaklyss
    Participant

Yes, it works great. Just all the gaskets are old and the metering valve was leaking. I been driving it for 2 years but it’s time to rebuild the motor also. It still has the original pistons in it but the cylinders are worn.

Viewing 10 posts - 11 through 20 (of 94 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Recent Articles

Turbo System Safety Checks

Turbo System Safety Checks

The safety components of the factory designed turbo system have some interactive groups of safety "c...(read article)

Engine Front Drive Pulleys

Engine Front Drive Pulleys

The standard drive pulley has one groove. It drives the water pump/fan and alternator or generator. ...(read article)

1961-1963 F85 Car and Option Prices

1961-1963 F85 Car and Option Prices

Attached to this article is PDF file containing an extensive list of car and option pricing for 1961...(read article)

OldsJetfire Forum