1963 Original Jetfire 4 speed

Home Page Forums Discussion Topics – Ask the Experts 1963 Original Jetfire 4 speed

Viewing 10 posts - 81 through 90 (of 94 total)
  • Author
    oaklyss
    Participant

Just installed the stenciled Turbo Rocket Fluid filter. The green nut for the bracket is original paint.

Attachments:
    graytoad
    Participant

All that fuss and you hardly see the stencil job! It is the cool little things that make this car unique though!
    Looks immaculate under that hood from what we see! Can we see more photos of your engine bay?

oaklyss
    Participant

Here are some photos

Attachments:
    oaklyss
    Participant

More

Attachments:
    graytoad
    Participant

Wow, you have done a gorgeous job on it Greg. Did you rebuild your engine or send it out? I am still waiting for the border to open up, my engine is at D&D Aluminum V8 in Michigan.

oaklyss
    Participant

I do all my own work except machine work. I am way beyond OCD.

Attachments:
    jensenracing77
    Participant

Very nice! If mine turns out half that nice I will be happy

fred
    Participant

Absolutely awesome !

oaklyss
    Participant

Pic 1 A machinist will want to deck the block. I told mine no. These numbers are too important to have them machined off. My block was good and the composite head gaskets seal just fine even with imperfections. Also, decking a block will raise the compression, and you don’t want that.
    The water pump is NOS, the oil pressure sensor is NOS, the water temp sensor is NOS, the heater pipe is NOS (thanks Eric) and the water neck is NOS.
    All the bolts are original and have been cleaned and made black oxide as original.

Attachments:
    oaklyss
    Participant

Pic 2 is the rebuilt oil pump. You should install a new gears and spring kit, and a steel trust plate kit.

Attachments:
Viewing 10 posts - 81 through 90 (of 94 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Recent Articles

Turbo System Safety Checks

Turbo System Safety Checks

The safety components of the factory designed turbo system have some interactive groups of safety "c...(read article)

Engine Front Drive Pulleys

Engine Front Drive Pulleys

The standard drive pulley has one groove. It drives the water pump/fan and alternator or generator. ...(read article)

1961-1963 F85 Car and Option Prices

1961-1963 F85 Car and Option Prices

Attached to this article is PDF file containing an extensive list of car and option pricing for 1961...(read article)

OldsJetfire Forum