215 v8 Balancers

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    dr-jet
    Participant

Wondering if there is an article or info out there about the Harmonic Balancers. I know that the Jetfires had a special one but is there a difference between the olds and buick 215 balancers?

Also, I need to have my Jetfire Balancer rebuilt, any recommendations would be great.

K3

62cutlassconvert
    Participant

I had mine rebuilt by D&D and the timing mark was OFF TDC. Had to remark it.

Check out TA Performance. They may have harmonic balancers, I don’t know but I doubt there’s a diff. I’d go for a new balancer vs. rebuilt if available. They are willing to talk and have good info. They specialize in Hi-po Buick engines including the 215. They carry the correct oil pump gaskets, pumps, including HV and a booster plate for the pump, and a shim gasket kit for the oil pump so you can get the bottom plate clearance correct. Also new front covers of the Rover type so be aware they don’t have the generator mounting bosses.

jensenracing77
    Participant

I sent mine to Winslow MFG http://www.winslowmfg.net/ and they rebuilt mine. I had them do the one on my other Jetfire and was fine, I had them do one for a 70 442 W-30 and it came back off about 10 degrees and had to remark it. I have not been able to check this one yet and will be later this summer before I can.

JimNoel
    Participant

I have had three Jetfire harmonic balancers restored by the Dampner Doctor in CA. They have all been returned with the timing mark correct. As I recall, they need your correct core and restore and return. My last 1962 Jetfire balancer was from an engine that was never taken apart and was original from the factory. Not inexpensive but they do a great job.
    https://www.damperdoctor.com/

Attachments:
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Recent Articles

Turbo System Safety Checks

Turbo System Safety Checks

The safety components of the factory designed turbo system have some interactive groups of safety "c...(read article)

Engine Front Drive Pulleys

Engine Front Drive Pulleys

The standard drive pulley has one groove. It drives the water pump/fan and alternator or generator. ...(read article)

1961-1963 F85 Car and Option Prices

1961-1963 F85 Car and Option Prices

Attached to this article is PDF file containing an extensive list of car and option pricing for 1961...(read article)

OldsJetfire Forum