62 convertible bucket seat adjuster springs

Home Page Forums Discussion Topics – Ask the Experts 62 convertible bucket seat adjuster springs

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    62cutlassconvert
    Participant

I have no springs for the adjuster lever or the front back tensioned movement of the seat.

Evidently the seats for the Jetfire are different than the convertible seats. The two Jetfires here have a lever adjuster up the side of the seat with a “rotary” spring to tension of the adjusting lever while the two converts have the lever coming out the front with what I think is a standard type coil spring with two hook ends under the seat on the frame.

Perhaps other hard tops have the same seats as the jetfire, don’t know.

Does anyone know where I can get a set of springs or give me a dimension of the springs so I can pick up some close ones at the hardware store. Lots available on line but of course not for this application. Maybe some knows what application will fit these seats?

Converts only have the drivers seat adjustable, passenger is fixed.

62cutlassconvert
    Participant

Comments anyone?

jensenracing77
    Participant

I have no experience with Convertibles. Scott Winn just parted a convertible and was telling me that the seat adjusters were different. He is not here on this forum but he is on the 61-63 f-85 Facebook page. I am not sure if he can help or not?

62cutlassconvert
    Participant

Thanks. Not on facebook myself so I’ll keep looking.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Recent Articles

Turbo System Safety Checks

Turbo System Safety Checks

The safety components of the factory designed turbo system have some interactive groups of safety "c...(read article)

Engine Front Drive Pulleys

Engine Front Drive Pulleys

The standard drive pulley has one groove. It drives the water pump/fan and alternator or generator. ...(read article)

1961-1963 F85 Car and Option Prices

1961-1963 F85 Car and Option Prices

Attached to this article is PDF file containing an extensive list of car and option pricing for 1961...(read article)

OldsJetfire Forum