62 F-85 Conv. door.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Ron
    Participant

Drivers Door won’t shut all the way, Does any one have any ideas ??? Thank you.

JimNoel
    Participant

Hi Ron,
    Not enough description of your problem to offer help. You should describe the situation more or give me a call.
    Jim
    952-881-2150

1962oldsguy

Hello,
    I had a couple problems with my convertible to after I removed the door lock mechanism that mounts to the body of the car, aparently there is a small weld on that piece and it does not come out of the car (easily at least). If you knock the lock around or tap the piece with the weld it will break loose and move around, not properly lining up. Also make sure if you have a service manual to check the measurements of space needed to seperate the bottom of the body from the bottom of the door. Also your hinges may have been put on lower then needed. Make sure they are not damaged or bent.
    I do have some doors and parts for sale if you need replacement parts.
    Thank-you
    -Dalton
    541-678-0606

Ron
    Participant

Hi Dalton, Thanks for the reply on my door problem, I tried the things you said, but it still wont stay closed on the second notch. Could it be in the locking mech. on the door.? Thanks.

1962oldsguy

Hello,
    I am not sure.. possible it was bent? Maybe the door was pushed down a while ago.. Also look at where the hinges are mounted on the door and body, possibly you could adjust them to raise the door a little. Not sure if you mentioned you had a service manual for the door? I could send the measurements if you would like. About the door lock. That only made my doors loose since they would move around but still stay shut.
    I would try adjusting them up to see if it is maybe that someone had taken them off and put them on wrong.
    If you would like I can send pictures of my doors and hinges. Or you could send me some at demammothman@live.com so I can maybe see your problem?
    Did anyone ever have the doors off this car for a long time? Because the frame and body could’ve gotten bent which might cause the doors to not shut properly.
    Please advise.
    Thank-you
    -Dalton
    541-678-0606

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Recent Articles

Turbo System Safety Checks

Turbo System Safety Checks

The safety components of the factory designed turbo system have some interactive groups of safety "c...(read article)

Engine Front Drive Pulleys

Engine Front Drive Pulleys

The standard drive pulley has one groove. It drives the water pump/fan and alternator or generator. ...(read article)

1961-1963 F85 Car and Option Prices

1961-1963 F85 Car and Option Prices

Attached to this article is PDF file containing an extensive list of car and option pricing for 1961...(read article)

OldsJetfire Forum