62 Headliner material

Home Page Forums Discussion Topics – Ask the Experts 62 Headliner material

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    jensenracing77
    Participant

Does anyone make a correct headliner or at least the correct material for the 62 Jetfire? Can an NOS one in white be found?

oaklyss
    Participant

Eric, SMS sent me a sample that is shown in this photo. They can pre-make one or just sell the fabric. What does your headliner look like?

Attachments:
    jensenracing77
    Participant

Mine looks alot like that. The one in our 4 speed car is good but is stained from it being a smokers car. It is not coming clean and before I try getting more aggressive with it I want to be sure I have options if I ruin it. I used Goop hand cleaner on most of the cars interior but don’t want to try it on the headliner. I would have no way of cleaning what soaked through to the top side and fear the long term affects of it on there.

oaklyss
    Participant

I re-sprayed one cars headliner with a vinyl dye (comes in a spray can, works like spray paint) that was a very good match and made it look new again.
    The photo I posted is Tan. SMS also has white, I am sure.

jensenracing77
    Participant

I have used that on carpet sets and console parts before but never tried it on a headliner.

JimNoel
    Participant

Hi Eric,
    Here is a link to a offer on eBay but I think they are a re-seller from Acme Auto Headliner. I have bought a white headliner from Acme in the past and had them recover my visors too. All was good.
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/OLDS-F-85-HEADLINER-1961-1962-1963-NEW-IN-BOX-ALL-PRE-SEWN-READY-TO-INSTALL-/311065571803?hash=item486cf3f1db:m:mQvEAL_8IstkJ8yWrDc90Ng&vxp=mtr
    I do believe SMS offers the same product and service also.
    Jim

mikepoe59
    Participant

I ordered headliner material from SMS for my 62. they had different colors – I’ve seen the light blue and the tan. The material I received from SMS is an excellent match, and has the texture markings and highlights of the original. I think the pre-made headliner was $265.

arthurjones
    Participant

I purchased one from SMS 15 years ago. (Still in box) maybe I will get to it this year.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Recent Articles

Turbo System Safety Checks

Turbo System Safety Checks

The safety components of the factory designed turbo system have some interactive groups of safety "c...(read article)

Engine Front Drive Pulleys

Engine Front Drive Pulleys

The standard drive pulley has one groove. It drives the water pump/fan and alternator or generator. ...(read article)

1961-1963 F85 Car and Option Prices

1961-1963 F85 Car and Option Prices

Attached to this article is PDF file containing an extensive list of car and option pricing for 1961...(read article)

OldsJetfire Forum