62 Jetfire in California

Home Page Forums Discussion Topics – Ask the Experts 62 Jetfire in California

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 28 total)
  • Author
    jensenracing77
    Participant

Here is a link to a 62 Jetfire for sale. I talked to him and it was converted to 4 bbl

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/ant/cto/5267939821.html

young_olds
    Participant

dang wish it had the turbo parts, ive been keeping my eye out for a jetfire

young_olds
    Participant

i emailed him, waiting to see what i hear back. did you get much more info from him?

jensenracing77
    Participant

Not much. He siad he has not had it that long. Someone brought it to him to work on it but they decided they didn’t want it. He had to apply with the DMV to get the title. Looks like a fair price if it is as solid as the pictures look. It’s not easy but all the turbo stuff can be found to convert back to Turbo.

He did say he can email better pictures.

young_olds
    Participant

Does it appear to have all the correct trim? How about the correctness of the interior?

62cutlassconvert
    Participant

I have a friend with a bunch a turbo parts. I can put you in contact if you wish and I know Jim Noels has lots of parts too.

jensenracing77
    Participant

All the trim is correct. The interior is the same as a Cutlass other than the dash emblem and boost gauge and both of those are in the interior picture. Also, the Jetfire is the only hardtop in 62 and from the pictures it looks to be a hardtop so it is a real Jetfire. Just missing the turbo setup. It is an automatic so expect it to need a rebuild.

young_olds
    Participant

I still haven’t heard back from him but hope I do, I’d do a manual swap so I’m not concerned with the auto.

young_olds
    Participant

i overlooked that fact that his phone number was in the add. called him and should be getting picttures tomorrow.

young_olds
    Participant

I got a bunch of pictures I’ll post later for you guys to look at. It appears to have to turbo exhaust manifolds and the cross flow radiator. If you guys think it looks like a good start I’ll prolly get it.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 28 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Recent Articles

Turbo System Safety Checks

Turbo System Safety Checks

The safety components of the factory designed turbo system have some interactive groups of safety "c...(read article)

Engine Front Drive Pulleys

Engine Front Drive Pulleys

The standard drive pulley has one groove. It drives the water pump/fan and alternator or generator. ...(read article)

1961-1963 F85 Car and Option Prices

1961-1963 F85 Car and Option Prices

Attached to this article is PDF file containing an extensive list of car and option pricing for 1961...(read article)

OldsJetfire Forum