62 Jetfire in California

Home Page Forums Discussion Topics – Ask the Experts 62 Jetfire in California

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    jensenracing77
    Participant

If the timing was right i would be looking into this car myself. Does not say if the turbo is still there. I am temped to sell my 70 W-30 and build another Jetfire.

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/lac/cto/3642950767.html

macf85
    Participant

Looks like it has the factory air conditioning. I know Olds didn’t keep records for how many cars had the various options but I wonder how many Jetfires were ordered with AC.

oaklyss
    Participant
    I just bought a 1962 JetFire out of a garage in Los Angeles. A/C and power windows. Same one?
    jensenracing77
    Participant
    tell us about it. Do you have any pictures?Welcome to the Jetfire community!

oaklyss
    Participant
    Owner died two years ago and his family sold this car to me. I don’t know, but possible they tried to sell months ago? so may be same one? Its all original, been sitting 20+ years on blocks, no turbo (looking for one), factory A/C, power windows, Cirrus Blue with white roof, blue interior, needs carpet. No rust at all, just dings and bad paint. Missing one small side trim on door (looking for one). It has a 2 BBL carb instead of 4 BBl usally installed by the dealers. Has not run in that time but I am starting to work on getting it running. Battery cables are gone, so I need to see where they hook up as the diagram I have doesn’t show it clear. Can you show me your battery cables connections? does the positive connect to the juction block then to the starter? the negative grounds to the block? thanks
    7636_DSC06283
    7636_DSC06285
    7636_DSC06286
    Attachments:
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Recent Articles

Turbo System Safety Checks

Turbo System Safety Checks

The safety components of the factory designed turbo system have some interactive groups of safety "c...(read article)

Engine Front Drive Pulleys

Engine Front Drive Pulleys

The standard drive pulley has one groove. It drives the water pump/fan and alternator or generator. ...(read article)

1961-1963 F85 Car and Option Prices

1961-1963 F85 Car and Option Prices

Attached to this article is PDF file containing an extensive list of car and option pricing for 1961...(read article)

OldsJetfire Forum