62 Jetfire roof color options

Home Page Forums Discussion Topics – Ask the Experts 62 Jetfire roof color options

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    kms6
    Participant

New to the site. Great source of info. Were the white tops on the 62 Jetfires available in vinyl, painted, or both? Thanks.
    Kevin

kms6
    Participant

This is a picture of my Dad’s 1962 Jetfire he bought new in Maryland. He drove it out west to Montana with my Mom in 1963. He had issues with how it was running and stopped at a couple dealerships along the way but he never felt like they were able to get it running right. He traded it in after less than a year of ownership, I think for a Chevy II (Nova). He always talked about the Jetfire.

This is the only pic I have of his Jetfire. Trying to determine if it was a painted or vinyl top.

Also, does this look like the Chariot Red or the other (Mist?) red paint?

Thanks
    Kevin

Attachments:
    jensenracing77
    Participant

That is a vinyl top. The A pillars have the stainless on them. The A pillars would be white also if it were painted.

jensenracing77
    Participant

Looks like your car Jim

JimNoel
    Participant

Your car has a vinyl roof as Eric noted. The 1962 Jetfire in your picture is Chariot Red, paint code V. The car could have been ordered with two tone paint for $16.46 option price. The Sports top vinyl roof covering was a $75.32 option and was option J-1. Neat car, I have the twin!

Attachments:
    kms6
    Participant

Thank you both for the info. Jim your car is wonderful, looks like it just rolled of the showroom floor.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Recent Articles

Turbo System Safety Checks

Turbo System Safety Checks

The safety components of the factory designed turbo system have some interactive groups of safety "c...(read article)

Engine Front Drive Pulleys

Engine Front Drive Pulleys

The standard drive pulley has one groove. It drives the water pump/fan and alternator or generator. ...(read article)

1961-1963 F85 Car and Option Prices

1961-1963 F85 Car and Option Prices

Attached to this article is PDF file containing an extensive list of car and option pricing for 1961...(read article)

OldsJetfire Forum