63 4 speed carb

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    jensenracing77
    Participant

I am trying to quit buying turbos and carburetors but just couldn’t let this one go. It is a 63 4 speed carb and a very nice core. Still has all the choke cable brackets and parts. Usually at least some of the parts are missing. Sadly, they cut the cable off.

Attachments:
    fred
    Participant

Nice !

dr-jet
    Participant

Can I ask the differences between the 62 and 63 stick carbs?

jensenracing77
    Participant

The manual transmission cars have a vacuum port on the carburetor for the vacuum advance on the distributor where the automatic cars did not have this port. The automatic cars vacuum advance hooked to the intake manifold port. They also had a manual choke instead of a automatic choke.
    Looks like you are new? Do you have a Jetfire?

dr-jet
    Participant

Sorry, Updated my photo…. I’m Ken Dennison’s Son…. 63 Jetfire

But my question was in regards to the difference in years, What is the difference between the 62 and 63 stick carbs?

jensenracing77
    Participant

OK, thought we had someone new. For the most part nothing is different as far as manual goes. In general, for all 62 verses 63 carbs, the 62 has a smaller jet and smaller needle, the 62 has a fresh air port (not vacuum) that hooks to the throttle retarder, the 63 has a “tower” on the float cover that is for the vent. I am assuming that they found gas splashing out of the 62 non tower vent? Other than that I don’t think there is any difference. I upgraded my cars to the 63 jet and needle. Actually, I modified my wifes throttle body and flows more air. to get it rich enough off idle I went to the 63 jet and 62 needle. As soon as my car is done I am going to build her a new stock carburetor with the 63 jet and needle.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Recent Articles

Turbo System Safety Checks

Turbo System Safety Checks

The safety components of the factory designed turbo system have some interactive groups of safety "c...(read article)

Engine Front Drive Pulleys

Engine Front Drive Pulleys

The standard drive pulley has one groove. It drives the water pump/fan and alternator or generator. ...(read article)

1961-1963 F85 Car and Option Prices

1961-1963 F85 Car and Option Prices

Attached to this article is PDF file containing an extensive list of car and option pricing for 1961...(read article)

OldsJetfire Forum