63 Jetfire 4 speed barn find car

Home Page Forums Discussion Topics – Ask the Experts 63 Jetfire 4 speed barn find car

Viewing 10 posts - 41 through 50 (of 59 total)
  • Author
    barry
    Participant

Awesome find. Gives us hope. Congratulations.

jensenracing77
    Participant

I am pooped. Been on my feet all day telling the same story over and over again, lol. I really enjoy being able to share info on these cars to so many people that never even knew they were made. I am also encouraged that so many younger people in their 20’s are interested in what they are. I have had many young guys ask questions in a way that I know they at least know something about old cars. I have always feared that all these old cars would die from lack of the younger people taking interest but maybe I was wrong. One more day. Some really amazing cars here.

Attachments:
    jensenracing77
    Participant

Just got home from MCACN. Had a wonderful time but crazy tired. When I got to my home town I got a little energy and decided to stop at the car wash and pressure wash the car. It cleaned a little better than I thought it would. I dropped it off at work and set fans around it to get it dried out before I bring it home. I may leave it and work on it this weekend out there in the heat. See if it will polish up any.

I am headed to bed for a while now…

Attachments:
    jensenracing77
    Participant

I started cleaning the body up. I only worked on the fender but I think it will look much better than I expected. It will still need a full restoration to ever be a show car but for a mostly original paint car it will be ok. Looks like the passenger side front fender and door has been repainted before. The hood, trunk lid and roof have lots of paint missing so those will not have much to work with.

This car will be for sale likely after the first of the year if anyone is interested in it. It will be sold as a non working turbo but running and driving. I will have new tires on it by then also. I rebuilt the carburetor to make it run but would need restored along with the turbo setup if you wanted a working turbo.

Attachments:
    macf85
    Participant

Eric,

Is that an original Holiday Red car with white interior? Are you waiting to set your asking price until after the first of next year?

jensenracing77
    Participant

I will be at $14,000 on the car. With it being a factory 4 speed car with the Protect O Plates to prove it, and also being all original critical parts, I feel like it should be worth that. People that convert automatics to 4 speed have a lot invested into the swap so being an original 4 speed fixes that problem.

Yes, the Holiday red and white top and interior are correct. VC paint code and 957 trim. The best I can tell so far is that it is all original paint other than the passenger front fender and door.

I think I posted before in this thread but it will be featured in Muscle Car Review this Spring or early Summer from pulling it from the barn.

Attachments:
    jensenracing77
    Participant

It would clean up better if someone was doing it that knows what they are doing but for the most part this is as good as it will get by me. Looks ok if you want that survivor look but as I said before, it really needs restored.

Attachments:
    jensenracing77
    Participant

More pictures

Attachments:
    jensenracing77
    Participant

….

Attachments:
    jensenracing77
    Participant

I cleaned under the hood some. I don’t know why they painted the front section in primer but I did find where the original sticker was under the primer. It is starting to flake off but you can sure see where the factory put it on .

Attachments:
Viewing 10 posts - 41 through 50 (of 59 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Recent Articles

Turbo System Safety Checks

Turbo System Safety Checks

The safety components of the factory designed turbo system have some interactive groups of safety "c...(read article)

Engine Front Drive Pulleys

Engine Front Drive Pulleys

The standard drive pulley has one groove. It drives the water pump/fan and alternator or generator. ...(read article)

1961-1963 F85 Car and Option Prices

1961-1963 F85 Car and Option Prices

Attached to this article is PDF file containing an extensive list of car and option pricing for 1961...(read article)

OldsJetfire Forum