63 Jetfire to be auctioned off at MECUM Indy

Home Page Forums Discussion Topics – Ask the Experts 63 Jetfire to be auctioned off at MECUM Indy

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    jensenracing77
    Participant
    oaklyss
    Participant

Eric,
    Its from the Mike Guarise collection.
    I saw it on line and will be a bidder if I could get more information about it. I have requested more info from Mecum. Hate to find it full of body filler.
    They only show 1 picture. I wonder who restored the Turbo?

jensenracing77
    Participant

I was not going to go this year but now I plan to go. I am not a player for it but want to see the car. Will you be there or a phone bidder?

kid442
    Participant

Eric
    I know the car. My buddy Clint bought the car and sold it. Its had a lot of work done. Jim just rebuilt the turbo and carb. Clint had the car converted to disc brakes and 5 lug wheels. Nice car.
    Ken

kid442
    Participant

Greg
    The engine was a 2bb but Clint sold him a complete Jetfire engine. Not sure if he changed the heads. Give me a call if you want more info. Car has had a lot of work done to it. Nice car!
    Ken

oaklyss
    Participant

Thanks for the info Ken. I am not interested in a modified car.

sixtiesmuscle
    Participant

I am the owner, and I’m not sure what you mean by a “modified car”. It is an original Jetfire that, as with most, had its turbo removed long ago. I bought the spare engine to put it back to full Jetfire configuration. Jim Noel did a fabulous job rebuilding the entire turbo setup, and yes, it does have refinished turbo heads. Since the car is in Illinois, and I will not be back from AZ. for a few weeks, I have not been able to get a proper photo shoot done. That will be handled ASAP. Thanks, Mike

sixtiesmuscle
    Participant

To clarify, the modifications made to the car are to add five lug wheels, with front disc brake conversion. It also has a Hurst shifter. With 15″ wheels, radial tires, and the Hurst shifter, the car runs, drives, handles and STOPs so much better than stock, that I consider these to be vast improvements. If that hurts some interest in the car, I understand, but for someone who wants to actually use the car, it’s a vast & very expensive improvement.

sixtiesmuscle
    Participant

The full listing is finally live. Please understand that the text is in the hands of the auction company. Hopefully, there isn’t anything too egregious to offend the experts.

https://www.mecum.com/lots/SC0517-282488/1963-oldsmobile-jetfire/

jensenracing77
    Participant

[quote quote=12693]The full listing is finally live. Please understand that the text is in the hands of the auction company. Hopefully, there isn’t anything too egregious to offend the experts.

[/quote]
    I completely understand that. When the contract is signed it is their ball game. Magazine articles are very similar. You may say “I believe” something and then they will run with it as fact.

Car looks great! I hope I can go and see it. I plan to but sometimes work says otherwise. Good luch with the sale.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Recent Articles

Turbo System Safety Checks

Turbo System Safety Checks

The safety components of the factory designed turbo system have some interactive groups of safety "c...(read article)

Engine Front Drive Pulleys

Engine Front Drive Pulleys

The standard drive pulley has one groove. It drives the water pump/fan and alternator or generator. ...(read article)

1961-1963 F85 Car and Option Prices

1961-1963 F85 Car and Option Prices

Attached to this article is PDF file containing an extensive list of car and option pricing for 1961...(read article)

OldsJetfire Forum